Gower Health and Fitness Solutions
Gower Health and Fitness Solutions has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. Please read this page. It explains our data protection policy including how we use your personal data and what your rights are in respect of it, based on the ‘soft opt-in’ exception under the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations 2003.
We will respect your rights and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently. Our staff are trained on their privacy obligations.
All activity on www.bunionsleeve.com is logged and monitored to help keep personal information secure and to ensure that Gower Health & Fitness Solutions complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) from 25 May 2018.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website. We will only use your information as outlined below, unless you have been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
This page was last updated on 24 May 2018
Gower Health & Fitness Solutions Ltd (Gower Health) is your data controller for the purposes of the personal data we will collect.
Gower Health is a limited company registered in England with the company registration number 08497901, with its registered address at 271 High Street, Berkhamsted HP4 1AA.
If you wish to contact us in relation to this notice, please use the details found on our Contact Us page.
WHAT DATA DO WE PROCESS?
This website allows visitors to request information, products, and services and through this process we collect visitors’ data. We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it and we will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so.
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller. We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date.
The following sets out the personal data that we will collect and why we collect it.
- We collect data you voluntarily provide to us including your order history, name, delivery address, email address and any phone numbers or other details you include with your customer details.
If you open an account, this information is used to save the details in your account for when you visit again, to administer the account and to group your previous orders.
If you did not open an account, this information is used to fulfil your orders, to deal with any queries you have about your order and/or to process returns.
This data is necessary for us to be able to process and fulfil or refund your order and deal with your queries. It also helps us to improve your user experience at our website by reducing the amount of data you need to submit for future orders and ensures the security on your account.
This data is also used to allow us to send you an email if you ‘abandon your shopping cart’ (leave the site without ordering), making it easier for you to complete your purchase later.
We use your name and email address to communicate marketing offers to you, unless you have opted out. You can opt out at any time by unsubscribing by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of all emails we send you.
We use this information to carry out market research to help us to improve our website, products and services, and your user experience.
We may use this information to bring or defend any legal claims and to prevent fraud
- We save details of any communications with you whether by phone, email or post.
We do this in order to efficiently and professionally deal with your queries and requests for reissue or return, and to gather feedback on our products so that we can continue to improve the quality of our service and products. We may also be required to use this information to bring or defend any legal claims.
- We collect the details of the products you have saved in your shopping cart. You can delete the cookie used for this by going to your browser history in settings
This allows you to place an order at our website. If you do not place the order it allows us to save your shopping cart for you to retrieve next time you visit, for your convenience.
- We use Google Analytics which uses data relating your visits to our website including which pages you visited, how long you spent on these, the dates and times you visited and the searches you have made on our website. If you do not want to provide your data to Google Analytics, you can disable Google Analytics data collection by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available from https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en.
Google Analytics gives us a broad understanding of our customers and how our website is used, and how we may be able to improve our website, sales and user experience. It also allows us to track how many visitors have visited our site.
- Facebook allows us to select broad demographic criteria for our Facebook advertising based on customers who use Facebook to log in. If you want to opt out of this access, you can change your Facebook account settings. Please see https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217 for more information on this.
This feature allows us to better target you with offers you are more likely to be interested in.
- Our web servers collect your IP address, the type of device you are using and its operating system, the name of your ISP, the page you viewed, when you accessed it and the website from which you came.
This data helps us to administer and secure our website and to help diagnose problems with our server and admin systems. It also allows us to identify traffic moving between our various websites.
WHO DO WE SHARE DATA WITH?
To operate effectively as a business we may need to share your personal data with our trusted service providers who need to access it in order to carry out their duties. These include our staff and technical teams which may be located both inside and outside the European Economic Area and with whom we have contracts setting out how they must handle your personal data, including not to use your personal data other than in accordance with our instructions and the details outlined in this policy.
We may share your personal data with the external third parties in some circumstances. This may be:
- any third party to whom we may need to disclose personal information to comply with our legal, regulatory and statutory obligations;
- any third party where you have given your consent;
- our insurers, legal advisers or other third parties who need access to it in the context of managing, investigating or defending claims or complaints;
- in connection with any change, merger or acquisitions of all or part of our business;
- service providers who monitor the use and content of emails, calls and secure messages sent from and received by us so that we can identify and take legal action against unlawful or improper use of our systems, such as anyone attempting to impersonate Gower Health, the transmission of computer viruses and attempts to prevent this website or its services from working.
If you do not wish your data to be shared with our trusted service providers, please contact us using the contact details provided at our Contact Us page. If you make this request, we will not be able to process any orders and we will delete your data.
This site may contain links to other sites. Gower Health is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites and we recommend you check their own privacy policies before submitting any personal data to them.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We will normally collect personal information from you only:
- where we need the personal information to process and complete your order
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- where we have your consent to do so.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at our Contact Us page.
You can opt-out from electronic marketing sent by Gower Health by visiting our unsubscribe page and by following the unsubscribe link which we include at the bottom of all electronic marketing emails we send you.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have the following data protection rights that you can exercise by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- You canaccess, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of emailed marketing communicationswe send you at any time. You can exercise this right automatically by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving discount vouchers or free samples we include with your orders. Please contact us with this request before you submit your order.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/) about our collection and use of your personal information
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as ‘cookies’.
These are the cookies we use on our website:
- Site functionality cookies which allow you to navigate the site, add products to your basket and purchase. The website will not work without them. They are also used to authenticate you as you move from secure to non-secure connections.
- Site analytics cookies which allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
Third party cookies:
- Log-in functionality cookies which allow you to use Google or Facebook to register for an account and log in.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ and https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Do we retain your payment details?
No, we do not retain any payment details. All payments made at our website are made through Paypal, whether using a Paypal account or using a card. Payments occur at Paypal’s website and card information is not shared with us. The payment details given to us through phone or postal orders is also processed at the Paypal website and these details are immediately shredded once the payment has been processed.
We use Thawte 128 Bit SSL web server encryption to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under out control.